There’s been a bunch of coverage on bikes recently, between the two fatalities on Penn Ave, the motorcycle police officer who was hit while promoting bike safety, and Pedal PGH.
Here are some of the articles, letters to the editor and editorials from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Bob Rogers writes: Pittsburgh has been steadily moving toward being a “bike-friendly” city for decades. Unfortunately, recent tragedies involving cyclists and automobiles has left some thinking we are not as “friendly” as we should be.
- Thurs, August 2: Two Bicyclists killed on Penn Ave preface BikeFest. Anthony Green, 47, of Wilkinsburg, died after being struck by a driver who was driving without a valid license
- Fri, August 3: While enforcing bike safety on Penn Ave, a Pittsburgh police officer injured in motorcycle crash
- Sat, August 4: Pedal PGH to stress safety
- Mon, August 6: Letter to the editor – Bikes on Penn
- Mon, August 6: Editorial – Danger ahead: Something must be done to stop bike fatalities
Get ready for BikeFest, a fifteen-day celebration of bicycling, August 5th-19th. The activities kick off with Pedal Pittsburgh on August 5th’ which includes a car-free section and a finish line festival. On August 10th the Bike Fest Party returns to the Pittsburgh Opera in the Strip District.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.