Pittsburgh reaches its goal of registering 1,250 riders, making us the largest city riding in the challenge!
Pittsburgh, we’re off to a great start. After month one of the five month National Bike Challenge, our city is ranked #3 in the in the country among cities with populations over two hundred thousand! We also met our early goal of registering 1,250 riders, meaning we’ve registered more riders than any other city in the country! Follow this link to sign up free today.
Yes thats right, we’re in front of the big-name bike cities like New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington D.C. and San Francisco. But more importantly, we’re also ahead of our our rival for the Rust Belt Championship, Cleveland! We’ll keep you updated on our standings as the rivalry continues.
Here are some other Pittsburgh Highlights that deserve a slow-motion instant replay:
- 86 PGH riders have gotten a free pint from Over the Bar Bicycle Cafe
- Pittsburgh has the highest % of “transportation” trips out of the top 3 cities - 58%
- Pennsylvania ranks #8 in the states category, and all 50 states are participating
- Sarah Pearman is leading the Pittsburgh women, while Kitaira Stotler and Steph Burch continue to vai for the top spot
- Yale Cohen (reigning champ) is leading the Pittsburgh men, with Commuter X and Jacob Yundt close on his tail
- Team Thick Bikes is the #1 team in PGH & #18 in the country
- The BikePGH – Staff workplace is the #1 small business in the country! (the bike advocacy group in Philadelphia is #2… another close rivalry to watch)
The best part? That the challenge is far from over! Riders can still register, log their miles and earn free drinks at OTB Bicycle cafe, the Official Pittsburgh Headquarters of the National Bike Challenge! Get your friends, family and coworkers to join the challenge and pedal Pittsburgh to the top!
Free registration for the challenge is open through September 30! The free and friendly competition encourages people throughout the Pittsburgh region to get out and ride, whether as daily commuters, weekend warriors, or somewhere in between. Join the Pittsburgh effort and sign up today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.