20 Years of PedalPGH
Believe it or not, two decades of Pedal PGH are now behind us. This year’s 20th anniversary ride on August 25th was a huge success with more riders, more miles, and more funds raised than ever before. Thanks to everyone who participated in this years ride be it as a rider, volunteer, sponsor, or cheering supporter. We here at BikePGH are truly grateful. PedalPGH would not happen without you. We have received a lot of positive feedback from this years ride, 95.3% of riders polled (who’s counting), but we are always looking to where we can improve. We look forward to seeing everyone and beating this year’s milestone accomplishments in 2014.
- Nearly 3,000 Participants
- $50,000 raised to help BikePGH make Pittsburgh’s streets and communities safer for biking and walking
- 95,200 miles biked
What riders are saying about PedalPGH:
“I’d love to relive that day again sooner than next year. Congratulations and cheers to 20 more years!” – Jon Brentzel
“Love love love this event!”
“Great ride experience – a ride “fit” for every rider!” – Judy Lyle
Hundreds once again came out for the 9th Annual BikeFest Party at the Pittsburgh Opera and danced the night away to Molly Alphabet, Pete Spynda, Edgar Um, and Special Guest, The Pittsburgh Track Authority. With over 100 events making up BikeFest 2013 was one to remember. With so many different events, rides, gatherings, and workshops it is difficult to even pick out highlights. Here are a few but there were many many more.
- New for 2013, limited edition 7 color hand screen printed poster by Chemistry Communications and Commonwealth Press. Sold out.
- First Ever Bubbles on Bikes Jamboree Ride and Trike Ride
- The Trees of Pittsburgh Ride
- The epic Every Neighborhood of Pittsburgh Ride
- And the Batman vs Bill Peduto vs Warhol BikeFest Video Showdown!
- Check out more BikeFest Photos Here and Here
We hope everyone had a great BikeFest and PedalPGH and look forward to celebrating the 10th anniversary of BikeFest with everyone in 2014.
Do you appreciate programs like the BikeFest and PedalPGH? Donate to BikePGH through PittsburghGives.org on Thursday, October 3rd! A portion of every dollar you give to an organization will be matched by The Pittsburgh Foundation’s matching pool, and BikePGH has a private individual who will match all donations made to BikePGH Dollar for Dollar up to $5000! Find more Day of Giving details on this blog post.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.