Bike to Work on Friday, May 16th! Join a Bike Train meetup and stop by a Commuter Café
Bike to Work Day is a day to celebrate being one of thousands of people in Pittsburgh who rides to work! It’s also a day to give bicycle commuting a try, so join in the fun and bike to work.
Ride to the nearest of 5 Commuter Cafés to grab some free breakfast and coffee! Commuter Cafés will be located in Oakland, Downtown, Friendship, Northside, and South Side from 7am – 9:30am. See the map below for specific locations. BikePGH members new and old will get a free bag made by the local cyclewear company Aero Tech Designs filled with great swag for you and your bike.
Ride on a Bike Train to work! Bike Trains are fun group commuting rides.
Bike Pittsburgh Commuter Cafés locations:
Market Square, Pittsburgh PA 15222
Hot Metal St & Water St, Pittsburgh PA 15203
Roberto Clemente Statue, PNC Park, Roberto Clemente Bridge (6th St Bridge) 15212
Schenley Plaza, Schenley Drive & Forbes Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
Friendship Park, S. Millvale & Friendship Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15224
About the Map: Coffee Cups indicated BikePGH Commuter Cafés, Houses indicate independent Bike to Work Day stations, and Bicycles indicate Bike Train meetup locations. Click on any icon for more details about that location.
Prepare for Bike to Work Day:
- Look over the Urban Biking Companion to review some tips on safe, easier commuting from tire inflation to turn signals
- Find bike parking near your place of employment (bring a lock), or ask your employer if you can bring you bike inside for safe storage
- Sign up for the National Bike Challenge to track your miles and represent the Pittsburgh bicycling community to the nation
- Get a tune up from your local bike shop. Discounts at the bike shops apply to BikePGH Members!
- Find a route by using the Pittsburgh Bike Map or get an idea from BikePGH staff members
- Urban Biking Forum: May 7th, 6:30pm
East End Food Co-op, 7516 Mead St, 15208
Join us for an informal opportunity to educate yourselves on the basics of bikes for confident city cycling. This free forum is based on the understanding that every participant comes with specific questions in mind, and also brings useful personal insights. Through the course of discussion, participants will share, learn, and come away with a better understanding of how people safely bike in Pittsburgh. All participants will also receive a copy of BikePGH’s Urban Biking Companion.
- Mike rides from Regent Square to Lawrenceville
- Ngani’s “Buscycle” trip from East Liberty to Downtown
- Becca’s short jaunt from Bloomfield to Oakland
- To climb or not to climb? Lawrenceville to South Side
- Jane’s mostly traffic-free ride from Oakland to the Northside
- Dan goes from Blawnox to Millvale .. and beyond!