Home » Bike Shops, Rentals, Clubs, and Cycling Links
- Click here for a full list of local and regional bike shops
- Golden Triangle Bike Rental - (Downtown) First Ave and Eliza Furnace Trail (412) 600-0675
- Bicycle Heaven - (Northside) R.J. Casey Industrial Park, 1800 Preble Ave (412) 716-4956
- Bicycle Heaven (Northside) R.J. Casey Industrial Park, 1800 Preble Ave (412) 716-4956
- Island 200 Velodrome (Neville Island) 5603 Grand Ave
- The Wheel Mill (Homewood) Indoor Bike Park, 6815 Hamilton (412) 362-3693
Local Cycling Clubs, Groups, and Teams
- Allegheny Cycling Association - Racing
- B.A.B.E. - Beaver Area Biking Enthusiasts
- Beaver Valley Velo - Road Riding
- Pittsburgh Bike Polo – Hard Court Bike Polo
- Carnegie Mellon Cycling Club
- Chatham College Bike Collective - Bike advocacy group that is also equipped to do light bike repair for students at Chatham
- Flock of Cycles – Organizes several rides a month, usually on Fridays, out of Oakland
- Human Vortex Trainings Womens Cycling Club-Team - solely for Women who want to have a fun, social, & supportive environment in which to increase their cycling capabilities, and expand their cycling network
- Lawrence County Cycling Club - Greater Allegheny Region
- Major Taylor Cycling Club - Urban Cycling Club
- Mt. Lebanon Cycling and Caffeine Club - Founded 1988
- Panther Cycling Club - University of Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania Dirt - A guide to local mountain biking, single track, and events
- Pittsburgh Alleycat – Messenger Style Racing
- Pittsburgh Critical Mass – Monthly celebration on two wheels
- Pittsburgh Freeride and Downhill – Stay up to date with the latest developments at Seven Springs and Dr J and all the other good stuff going on in Pittsburgh’s gravity scene
- Pittsburgh Masters Velo Club – Racing, Time Trials and Track
- Pittsburgh Mountain Biking
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group – Shared-use trail advocates
- P.O.R.C. – Pittsburgh Off-Road Cyclists
- Steel City Endurance – Women’s and Men’s Cycling Team
- Team Caffeine – Cyclists who like coffee
- Western Pennsylvania Wheelmen – Organizes lots of local rides
- Westmorland BMX
Regional and State Cycling Clubs, Groups, and Teams
- Centre Region Bike Coalition
- Laurel Highlands Off Road Bicycling Association
- Lebanon Valley Bike Club – A club that works on advocacy issues
- PA Walks and Bikes – Part of the Livable Streets Network, a state-wide bicycle and pedestrian advocacy group
- Pennsylvania Cycling Association – Racing in PA
- The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Walk and Bike Berks County
PA Bicycle Touring
Other Local Outdoor Recreational Resources
- Venture Outdoors - The local outdoor recreational organization that makes it easy for you to get outside.
- ExplorePAtrails – One stop site for all of Pennsylvania’s trails. Find trails, info, etc.
Local Books and Publications
- Dirt Rag - One of the world’s premier mountain bike mags, located in Pittsburgh!
- The Bicycle Book, Wit, Wisdom & Wanderings - by Jim Joyce (editor)
- Urban Velo - a city-focused bicycling publication from Pittsburgh.
- 400 Bike Rides Out of Pittsburgh by Oscar Swann
- FreeWheeling Easy in Western Pennsylvania by Mary Shaw and Roy Weil
- The Bicycle Exchange - PA, WV, and OH online cycling magazine
- Bicycle Times Magazine – Daily cycling from the makers of Dirt Rag
National and International Bike Advocacy
- America Bikes - Lobbies the Feds on Bicycling, Walking and Complete Streets improvements
- Bikes Belong Coalition - The national coalition of bicycle suppliers and retailers working together to put more people on bicycles more often.
- Complete Streets Coalition - Complete Streets are designed and operated to enable safe access for all users. Pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and bus riders of all ages and abilities are able to safely move along and across a complete street.
- Ghost Bike - A network that creates bicycle memorials.
- International Mountain Biking Association - MTB and trail advocates/builders
- The League of American Bicyclists - National Advocacy Group Working for a Bicycle Friendly America
- National Center for Bicycling and Walking - encourages and supports the efforts of individuals, organizations, and agencies working on bike/ped issues.
- The Alliance for Biking and Walking - The national bicycle advocacy umbrella group.
- Safe Routes to School
- Trips For Kids - helps disadvantaged kids discover the joys of mountain biking.
- Adventure Cycling - Inspires people of all ages to travel and explore by bicycle.