I’m considering a commuting upgrade, and I’d like to see if I could get a few bucks for my current rig. Most components have been swapped out/upgraded.
* Frame: Large Kona Smoke 29er. Gray. The paint’s in reasonable condition. The large will fit a pretty wide range of sizes.
* Fork: Kona Project 2. Fits really big tires. I was doored, and the fork is a teeny bit out of alignment (I did have it checked and set after the incident).
* Drivetrain: Shimano Deore rear mech, cheap Shimano front mech. 8 speed cassette. SunTour XC Pro thumbies (yes). Chain and cassette still have life in them. Cranks are Shimano Deore (I think) cranks, without the granny ring. Octalink BB.
* Wheels: Sun CR-18 rim with Deore hub in back, stock front wheel.
* Brakes: Tektro vee-brakes and levers.
* Stem/Handlebars: Husselfelt stem (short) and Nitto Promenade bars. I have several other bars in the basement if those don’t do it for you.
It currently has Performance tires, and a Specialized stem. Full fenders with a long mudflap up front. I can throw in a Bontrager rear rack, and I might be convinced to sell my CETMA rack, too.
I’d like to get maybe $350-ish? I’ll entertain offers, too. It would make a good lock-up bike, or winter bike. Email bjanaszek/gmail if you are interested.
I really like this set up. With the thumbie shifters, rear rack, CETMA rack and room for big tires this would be perfect to load up and take camping out on the bike trail. I am interested in checking this out if you do decide to sell it. One question. Do you know about how many inches the large size is?
Well, the soap opera with this bike continues (ask Dan how many “I’m getting rid of the Kona” messages he’s received in the last two years). I’m going to hold onto it. Truthfully, it’s a pretty useful bike, and I scored a nice handlebar from Chris at Thick yesterday, so, at the moment, I’m keeping it in the stable.
When I change my mind (again) in about a month, I’ll PM you, Willie.