It’s a wheel sale! Long forgotten projects and things that just didn’t work out must find new loving homes and make room for things I’ll actually use. Weird stuff and 29″ and 650B wheelsets.
1. SRAM Torpedo hub laced into a 700 Torelli Triumph rim. The hub converts from freewheel to fixed with a small screwdriver in the end of the axle. Kind of cool, even if the fixed side has some backlash. Cog carrier has some surface rust as shown, rest of it is in great shape, works just fine. Has 18t cog mounted. Rim has machined braking surface, and a little brass headbadge around the valve stem. Maybe 150 miles on this one. $50
2. Sturmey Archer S2 kickback hub laced into a 700 Salsa Delgado cross rim. Kick back to shift from direct drive to a second 38% higher gear. Way cool, just haven’t used it in some time. Maybe 100 around town miles on this. Great shape. $50.
3. Sturmey Archer AW three speed hub laced into a weirdo 40-hole, eyeleted, concave single-wall 700 rim. This is a vintage, NOS hub I built into this wheel 5 years ago and never used. Comes with shifter and some other small bits to make it go. $50
4. No-name 29″ disc wheelset. Formula hubs with 6-bolt mounts, 8/9/10 speed cassette body, Freedom CTX 2.3 rims, standard QR axles. All black. Less than 100 miles. $75
5. 650B disc wheelset. Formula hubs with 6-bolt mounts, 8/9/10 speed cassette body, no name black disc only rims, standard QR axles, has Kenda Small Block Eight 650B x 1.9″ tires installed. Less than 50 miles. $125
Located in Bloomfield/Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh.