Seeking Part-Time Outreach Associates
Organization: Bike Pittsburgh
Title: Outreach Associate
Job Type: Part Time, Seasonal, Temporary, Benefits Ineligible
Job Timeline: Approx 6/20 – 11/20, exact dates TBD
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Reports to: Sarah Quinn, Membership & Outreach Manager
BikePGH is hiring part-time, seasonal team members for our spring and summer outreach events. Each year, we participate in a variety of community events to provide educational materials and pique interest in biking and walking. Outreach Associates are key to BikePGH’s on-the-ground outreach efforts as we strive to expand the biking and walking movement in our city.
We are seeking friendly faces to talk with the public about biking and walking in Pittsburgh, share information about our events and programming, and to encourage BikePGH membership sign-ups and renewals. Outreach Associates will also help us set up and facilitate outreach efforts at large-scale events such as OpenStreetsPGH and PedalPGH.
Job responsibilities include: distributing educational materials,spreading the word about BikePGH’s events and programming, communicating the value and benefits of BikePGH membership, asking people to join BikePGH as a member, physical set-up and operations of bike valets and tabling events, supervising bike valet volunteers, and reporting to BikePGH’s Membership & Outreach Manager.
- BikePGH representation at events
- In-person membership asks
- Staffing of outreach events, including setup, tabling, bike valet operations, membership sales, merchandise sales
- Great customer service skills – being comfortable talking to people is a must
- Comfort in asking people to become a BikePGH member/donate
- Passion for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy
- Enjoyment of free live music!
- Willingness to be outside (rain or shine)
- Awesome problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and provide instructions to others
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Varied activities, including: sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 20 lbs, pushing/pulling, walking
- Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to set up tables, chairs, tents
- Reliable transportation to and from events
- Availability on evenings and weekends
Apply Today: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. If you have questions, you may contact us at 412-325-4334.