September 9 City Council Hearing: Two ways to provide feedback
The Reynolds St Neighborway is part of DOMI’s Bike(+) Plan to make a complete bike network in the City and provide a safer and less stressful alternative to Penn Ave and to reduce cut through traffic. This street has been identified as an ideal location for a Neighborway due to the volume of traffic, crash data, and connections and points of interest along its way.
Since the Reynolds St Neighborway project was announced, there have been several public and stakeholder meetings, online engagements, and ways to provide feedback. However, there are some concerned residents in the area who have petitioned City Council to hold a hearing on the project.
The City Council hearing for this project will take place on Wednesday, September 9 at 6pm.
We are asking you to take a moment to provide feedback and support to the project.
How to Submit Public Comments and/or Register to Talk
The City asks that only those asking to speak register for the event. To simply attend the hearing, tune in to the City Channel Youtube page at the designated time. Don’t forget to submit a comment via email.
A) To speak: To talk for 3 minutes during the hearing you must call in by phone and register by 3:30 the day of the meeting (September 9): The City Clerk’s Office number is (412) 255-2138. After you’ve registered, you’ll be given the telephone number and access code to join the hearing
B) By email: Send comments to the City Clerk’s Office via firstname.lastname@example.org by September 9 at 3:30 PM. Please note that written statements are not read live during meetings/hearings, but are forwarded to all Council Members.
- To speak, you must register by September 9 at 3:30pm
- Prepare your 3 minutes of talking points ahead of time
- Write it down so you don’t forget anything
- One page of text is about 3 minutes
- Say your name and where you live
- Tell a personal story about your experience riding/walking/living on Reynolds
- Talk about how the proposed changes will personally benefit you
- Talk about your support for traffic calming/complete streets in general
Other Ways to Send Support:
- Send an email to Councilperson Erika Strassburger saying you support the Neighborway: email@example.com
- Make a post on Facebook supporting the Neighborways and tag District 8: https://www.facebook.com/PGHDistrict8/
- Send a tweet supporting the Neighborway and tag District 8 @PGHDistrict8