Join BikePGH at the Virtual Women & Non-Binary Bike Summit Presented by Dollar Bank
On Saturday, October 17th, Bike Pittsburgh will host the 7th Annual Women and Non-Binary Bike Summit presented by Dollar Bank.
Join us at this fun, one-day virtual event featuring workshops on bicycle adventures, bike maintenance, yoga, and skill-building activities to boost bicyclists’ confidence.
The Summit will kick off with a panel discussion on diversity and inclusion in the cycling community, featuring representatives from Black Girls Do Bike, Major Taylor Cycling Club, and The Black Foxes.
Our goal is to empower cis and trans women, non-binary, genderqueer, agender and gender variant people of all ages and abilities to feel comfortable and confident riding bikes around the city. Together, we can learn from and uplift each other to build a more connected and inclusive bicycling community.
New this year
This year’s Summit is undergoing a number of changes, including expanded accessibility with a fully-virtual format, in-person packet pickup, and pay-what-you-can registration.
We will host a packet pickup at the BikePGH Office on October 15th & 16th from 4 PM – 8 PM. Those who attend packet pickup will receive a swag bag featuring:
- BikePGH Socks
- Ride-friendly Snacks
- Pittsburgh Bike Map & Biking 101 Guide
- WMNBikePGH Zine Prompts
- Skills Challenge Checklist
- Virtual Ride Cue Sheet
All Summit participants will also have the chance to be a part of a collaborative WMNBikePGH zine. Participants can contribute their stories, drawings, advice, and anything they’d like to share about their bicycling experiences. The zine will then be designed and sent to event participants following the Summit.
Date: Saturday, October 17th
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm EST (Live sessions will be recorded)
Place: Morning sessions will be held via Zoom
Afternoon activities will be available on BikePGH’s website
- 9:00am – 10:00am Keynote Panel
- 10:15am – 11:15am How to Plan Your Next Bike Adventure
- 11:30am – 12:30pm DIY Bike Maintenance
- Virtual Bike Ride
- Yoga for Bicyclists
- Skill Building Activities
- Contribute to the WMNBikePGH Zine
- Free Registration – Don’t let the cost of registration keep you from joining us!
- $10 Registration – Ticket proceeds will go towards BikePGH’s Women & Non-Binary program and help fund free Summit registrations.
- $20 Registration + BikePGH Membership – Includes event registration and a BikePGH Membership!