Full-Time Multimedia Coordinator
BikePGH is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Multimedia Coordinator to develop high-quality creative (for online and offline channels) that connects & engages with our audience. The ideal candidate is a hybrid journalist + graphic designer who understands visual storytelling and can work collaboratively to produce creative content that helps make Pittsburgh a better place to bike and walk.
BikePGH is committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity not only in how we shape our strategic goals and organizational work but who we employ on our staff and the volunteers on our board of directors. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Title: Multimedia Coordinator
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Target Start: Early to mid-February 2021
Salary: $35,500 – $40,000 annually depending upon the relevancy of experience.
Hours: On average 40 hours per week, Often M-F 9-5. The BikePGH office is currently closed due to the COID-19 pandemic so work is taking place remotely.
Some work on weeknights and weekends is required in order to attend BikePGH events.
Benefits: Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous PTO (including parental leave) and 401(k) benefits as outlined in BikePGH’s employee manual.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Mission: BikePGH is transforming our streets to make biking and walking commonplace for all Pittsburghers in order to improve our quality of life and reduce the harmful effects of car dependence in our communities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing and editing blog posts on the topics of biking & walking (Focusing on advocacy, community events, and education);
- Creating print & digital visuals across projects that engage our audience (e.g. posters, postcards, signs, flyers, infographics, memes, etc.);
- Producing e-newsletters using a CRM (We currently use Mailchimp) with the ability to maximize open and click rates;
- Creating and editing engaging content across our WordPress websites;
- Developing and scheduling content for BikePGH’s social media networks that is designed to engage readers and create an interactive relationship;
- Coordinating video production across our programmatic focuses. This will include writing scripts, reviewing content, coordinating with freelancers, and publishing on all platforms;
- Photographing BikePGH events, merchandise, people utilizing biking and walking infrastructure, and more;
- Sharing inspiration and best practices for social media, design, and content.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Graphic design and Adobe Suite experience is required;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Hootsuite, MailChimp, and
- Experience with photography and photo editing;
- Confident oral, written, and presentation skills;
- Self starter that takes initiative, and also good at collaboration and taking direction;
- Passion for the mission of BikePGH and a strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy, urban planning, and the safe streets movement.
- Additional but not required skills:
- Video filming
- Video editing
- 2-3 years of experience with the listed skills and abilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is typically performed in an office setting but currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Travel within the community and to BikePGH events will be required when safe to do so;
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required;
- Utilizes normal speech and hearing necessary for extensive conversation;
- Varied activities including sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 20lbs, pushing/pulling, walking, or assisted walking via wheelchair or mobility device.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume and portfolio.
Submitted portfolios should include:
- 2-3 examples of graphic design work (Flyers, Illustrations, Infographics, Posters)
- 2-3 writing samples (Blogs, Email Campaigns, and Social Media Posts)
- Additional but not required examples of photography and/or video examples
Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout December 2020 and January 2021 and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment no later than March 2021.
By email: Please send an email with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Multimedia Coordinator” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201