Love bikes? Check out the Bicycle Film Fest screening virtually from February 19th – 28th
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music the last 20 years! The physical BFF spanned the world in over 90 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival work?
- Click here to buy your ticket! A ticket allows you to view the 90-minute short film format
- Watch anytime from 6:00pm EST February 19th through Sunday, February 28th at 11:59PM streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV
Ticket prices are “sliding scale” so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit BikePGH, a registered 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit, who is transforming our streets to make biking and walking commonplace for all Pittsburghers in order to improve our quality of life and reduce the harmful effects of car dependence in our communities.
BFF Select Short Film Program appeals to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between.
Bicycle Film Festival Feature Films
The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- The day Pittsburgh’s first indoor bike park, The Wheel Mill closed its doors to boys: “Ride Like a Girl”
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- A charismatic Ghanian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to Washington, D.C.
- The anguish of a father’s loss (starring Timothy Spall)
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- New York City through the lens of female bike messengers