Together, We Can Make Biking and Walking Commonplace for all Pittsburghers
Bike Pittsburgh is your local nonprofit bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organization. We work on behalf of the Pittsburgh community to:
- Advocate for safe, car-free transportation options via infrastructure and public policy
- Bring people together from all parts of the city to experience riding and walking, engage with new ideas, and show support for car-free transportation
- Educate in order to give people the tools they need to safely experience the city by foot and by bike
- Year-round advocacy for safer biking and walking infrastructure
- Discounts at local bike shops and bike-friendly businesses
- Save $$ on BikePGH event registrations
- Access to free educational resources, like the Pittsburgh Bike Map & Biking 101 Guide
- Stay connected through our bi-weekly eNewsletter, The Messenger
- That awesome feeling you get from supporting a cause you’re passionate about
Like safe streets and clean air?
“When I signed up for BikePGH’s after school class, I didn’t expect to learn so much – from basic bike maintenance and repairs to mapping safe routes around the city. I learned new things that I didn’t know before, became friends with students I’d never met before, and as the program went on, I felt like I joined a family of bicyclists.”
— Jason Thomas, Student at Obama Academy
“I’ve always been afraid of biking on roads with cars. Through BikePGH’s city cycling program, I had the opportunity to conquer my fears. I learned how to navigate intersections, start and stop confidently, and take the lane. For me, biking is a lot about undoing the lessons of ‘girl training.’ You’re always worried about other people and trying to be out of the way. On a bike, I’m doing the opposite. I’m looking out for my safety and owning my part of the road. That was really powerful.”
— Carrie Tippen, Professor at Chatham University
“I’ve been a part of the bicycle community in Pittsburgh for upwards of 10 years. Back when I started riding in the city, it was much a different experience. Through infrastructure, community engagement, and persistence; Bike PGH has transformed this city into a great place to ride and own a bicycle. Working in the industry, I’ve seen firsthand the impact having a strong non-profit on the side of the small business can do for a city and it’s communities. It’s paved the way for me to open my own shop, Unison Bike Lab.”
— Bryan Heller, Owner of Unison Bike Lab
Choose the membership type that’s right for you!
Help us keep our wheels turning! Make an automatic monthly gift and provide reliable support to our organization. Bonus: you’ll never have to worry about your membership expiring!
Good for one year from your membership due date. We’ll let you know via email and snail mail when you’re up for renewal.
Share the love! A BikePGH membership is the perfect gift for your bike-loving pals.
Volunteer for 10 or more hours and receive a free annual membership! Visit our barter membership page for more details.
Our team is ready to answer any questions you may have at (412) 325-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.