Bike to Work on Friday, May 16th! Join a Bike Train meetup and stop by a Commuter Café
Bike to Work Day is a day to celebrate being one of thousands of people in Pittsburgh who rides to work! It’s also a day to give bicycle commuting a try, so join in the fun and bike to work.
Ride to the nearest of 5 Commuter Cafés to grab some free breakfast and coffee! Commuter Cafés will be located in Oakland, Downtown, Friendship, Northside, and South Side from 7am – 9:30am. See the map below for specific locations. BikePGH members new and old will get a free bag made by the local cyclewear company Aero Tech Designs filled with great swag for you and your bike.
Want to ride into work with others? Sign up to lead a Bike Train from your neighborhood to your workplace, or stay tuned for an announcement in early May with all of the registered Bike Trains so you can hop on. Think of Bike Trains as carpools for people on bikes, but more fun.
Volunteer for Bike to Work Day!
- Volunteer on Bike to Work Day–we need help at all of the Commuter Cafés! email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know at which station you can lend a hand.
- Lead a Bike Train! Commute with others to make your ride to work more fun.
Prepare for Bike to Work Day:
- Urban Biking Forum: May 7th, 6:30pm
East End Food Co-op, 7516 Mead St, 15208
Join us for an informal opportunity to educate yourselves on the basics of bikes for confident city cycling. This free forum is based on the understanding that every participant comes with specific questions in mind, and also brings useful personal insights. Through the course of discussion, participants will share, learn, and come away with a better understanding of how people safely bike in Pittsburgh. All participants will also receive a copy of BikePGH’s Urban Biking Companion.
- Look over the Urban Biking Companion to review some tips on safe, easier commuting from tire inflation to turn signals
- Find bike parking near your place of employment (bring a lock), or ask your employer if you can bring you bike inside for safe storage
- Sign up for the National Bike Challenge to track your miles and represent the Pittsburgh bicycling community to the nation
- Get a tune up from your local bike shop. Discounts at the bike shops apply to BikePGH Members!
- Find a route by using the Pittsburgh Bike Map or get an idea from BikePGH staff members
- Mike rides from Regent Square to Lawrenceville
- Ngani’s “Buscycle” trip from East Liberty to Downtown
- Becca’s short jaunt from Bloomfield to Oakland
- To climb or not to climb? Lawrenceville to South Side
- We’ll post more in the coming weeks
Aero Tech Designs is a cycling apparel manufacture located in Pittsburgh Pa with 30 years of industry experience. Keeping true to their roots Aero Tech Designs has produced cyclewear in the USA since the early 80’s. ATD specializes in comfortable road, mtb, commuter, and touring clothing, and are located in Coraopolis, PA. They are also available for any custom apparel needs you may have. www.aerotechdesigns.com.....
3 Responses to “National Bike to Work Day: Friday May 16th”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.