Neighborhood Bicycle and Pedestrian Committees
Your voice is important
While BikePGH works on better biking and walking full time, we are only one piece of the puzzle. We still need your voice. Although we have members in every city neighborhood, it’s necessary for residents to contact their elected officials with problems, praises, and making sure that they are aware of your desire to live in a walkable, bikeable neighborhood. Our message is amplified when citizens take the time to contact decision makers.
View our archive of Advocacy Meetings and Workshops
How to be an Advocate During the Pandemic
Making communities better for biking and walking doesn’t have to stop during this pandemic. In fact, you can do a lot from home. Read this helpful guide for up-to-date information around how to be an advocate from home during COVID-19.
Link to Document: How To Be An Advocate From Home: A Guide to Help During COVID-19
Join or Start* a Neighborhood Bike/Ped Committee
Several neighborhood biking and walking committees are working toward making their streets better for biking and walking, while building a local community of bicyclists:
- Allegheny Bike/Ped Corridor Committee (Sharpsburg, O’hara, Aspinwall, Blawnox): Email to join their listserv
- Beechview Complete Streets
- Better Streets Lawrenceville: Request to join their e-mail list.
- Bloomfield Livable Streets
- Eastern Suburbs: Share the Road East: Contact Mike Boyd
- Etna Pedestrian Alliance: Contact Tom
- Greenfield Livable Streets: Request to join their Email list.
- Highland Park/East Liberty Bike-Ped Committee: Join their Google Group
- Inclined to Bike & Hike: Mt. Washington Group: Email them to join.
- Millvale Borough Bicycle/Pedestrian Committee
- Morningside/Stanton Heights: Getting started back up, email Eric to join!
- North Hills Walk Bike Run Alliance: (Franklin Park, Sewickley, McCandless, Ohio Township, Warrandale and other North Hills boroughs) email Eric to join!
- Oakland Bike/Ped Committee: Contact David to join
- Polish Hill Traffic Calming Committee: Email PHCA
- Regent Square: RSCA Bike/Ped Committee
- Shadyside Complete Streets: Join their Google Group
- South Hills Safe Streets: Join their Google Group or Email them to join/get involved.
- Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition Bike Ped Committee: Email to get involved and Join their Facebook Group
- South Side Smart Streets: Email to join
- Universities Bike/Ped Committee: Join their Google Group
- Verona/Oakmont: Starting up, email Eric to join!
- Walk Bike Ross: email Eric to join
- Walk Bike Shaler Contact: Chris Chirdon
- Walk Ride Northside: email Sarah to join
- West Pittsburgh Bike/Ped Committee: Join their Newsletter, or join their West Pittsburgh Bike/Ped Committee
- Western PA Region: Southwestern PA Commission (SPC) Active Transportation Resource Center and the Active Transportation Planning
*Don’t see your neighborhood on the list? Consider starting your own Neighborhood Bike/Ped Committee. We have a handy toolkit to walk you through the process of learning how to start your own group.